-   -   Can't perform requested operation in excel macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407536-cant-perform-requested-operation-excel-macro.html)

John[_19_]

Can't perform requested operation in excel macro

Programing a macro in excel 2003. At some point I got "Can't perform
requested operation" when trying to run it. So I saved the whole thing
and went to bed.

Now excel won't run the macro at all. If I just try "Step into" I get
the same error, "Can't perform the requested operation." It won't let me
open it with edit either. Same error.

How do I get back into the macro to edit it and fix whatever is wrong?

John

Jim Cone

Can't perform requested operation in excel macro

John,
Disable macros when you open the file.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"John"
wrote in message
Programing a macro in excel 2003. At some point I got "Can't perform
requested operation" when trying to run it. So I saved the whole thing
and went to bed.

Now excel won't run the macro at all. If I just try "Step into" I get
the same error, "Can't perform the requested operation." It won't let me
open it with edit either. Same error.
How do I get back into the macro to edit it and fix whatever is wrong?
John

ytayta555

Can't perform requested operation in excel macro

try in excel :

tools - macro - security - security level - low
and then ok ; maybe help