-   -   Message box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407529-message-box.html)

Gordy99

Message box

I have a cell that checks the vertical totals with the horizontal totals and
shows the difference if they are difference.
I would like to add a pop up message box if they are different using sheet
code.
Thanks,
Gordy

Jim Thomlinson

Message box

Right click the sheet tab and select view code. Add the following. You will
need to change the cell reference...

If Round(Range("A1"), 3) < 0 Then MsgBox "Out of Balance"

HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Gordy99" wrote:

I have a cell that checks the vertical totals with the horizontal totals and
shows the difference if they are difference.
I would like to add a pop up message box if they are different using sheet
code.
Thanks,
Gordy

Bob Phillips

Message box

Surely, vertical totals will be a sum of the column, horizontal totals will
be a sum of the row, so they will be different?

--
---
HTH

Bob