-   -   macro to open an existing email message (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407508-macro-open-existing-email-message.html)

Paul D. Simon

macro to open an existing email message

I have saved an Outlook email message as an .msg file. Need an Excel
macro that when run from an Excel worksheet would open that message.
(Also would saving the message as an .html file or .txt file work
better from within the macro?)

Jules[_8_]

On 11 mrt, 18:08, "Paul D. Simon" wrote:
I have saved anOutlookemailmessage as an .msgfile. *Need an Excel
macro that when run from an Excel worksheet would open that message.
(Also would saving the message as an .html file or .txt file work
better from within the macro?)

You can try this command:
Call Shell("outlook.exe /f " & Chr(34) & "c:\my email.msg" & Chr(34))
It works for every program, every extention.
In case there is a space in the file name you need the "
e.g. not having a space in it gives
Call Shell("outlook.exe /f c:\my email.msg")

Good luck!