-   -   Insert column and hide columns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407466-insert-column-hide-columns.html)

Rob

Insert column and hide columns

I need to hide a number of columns in a sheet and have used Columns
("C:C").EntireColumn.Hidden = True. This is fine but I have 15 columns to
hide and having 15 rows of code seems excessive. Is there a way to declare
the columns and thus apply in less rows of code?

Also, have similar issue with inserting where to say I want to insert 3
rows, I have 3 rows of code.

Thanks, Rob

Gary Keramidas

Insert column and hide columns

you could try something like this

Sub hide_columns()
Dim arr As Variant
Dim i As Long
arr = Array("c:c", "e:e", "h:h", "m:m")
For i = LBound(arr) To UBound(arr)
Columns(arr(i)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True
Next

Gary

"Rob" wrote in message
I need to hide a number of columns in a sheet and have used Columns
("C:C").EntireColumn.Hidden = True. This is fine but I have 15 columns to
hide and having 15 rows of code seems excessive. Is there a way to declare the
columns and thus apply in less rows of code?

Also, have similar issue with inserting where to say I want to insert 3 rows,
I have 3 rows of code.

Thanks, Rob

Rob

Insert column and hide columns

Thanks Gary, Am I correct to think that inserting rows or columns would
work the same way?

Regards, Rob

"Rob" wrote in message
I need to hide a number of columns in a sheet and have used Columns
("C:C").EntireColumn.Hidden = True. This is fine but I have 15 columns
to hide and having 15 rows of code seems excessive. Is there a way to
declare the columns and thus apply in less rows of code?

Also, have similar issue with inserting where to say I want to insert 3
rows, I have 3 rows of code.

Thanks, Rob

Francois via OfficeKB.com

Rob wrote:
I need to hide a number of columns in a sheet and have used Columns
("C:C").EntireColumn.Hidden = True. This is fine but I have 15 columns to
hide and having 15 rows of code seems excessive. Is there a way to declare
the columns and thus apply in less rows of code?

Also, have similar issue with inserting where to say I want to insert 3
rows, I have 3 rows of code.

Thanks, Rob

Or:-
("C:Z").EntireColumn.Hidden = True.

Rob

Insert column and hide columns

Francois, thanks however the columns aren't concurrent, eg I want to hide c,
e, m, j, x

Regards, Rob

"Francois via OfficeKB.com" <u18959@uwe wrote in message
Rob wrote:
I need to hide a number of columns in a sheet and have used Columns
("C:C").EntireColumn.Hidden = True. This is fine but I have 15 columns
hide and having 15 rows of code seems excessive. Is there a way to
declare
the columns and thus apply in less rows of code?

Also, have similar issue with inserting where to say I want to insert 3
rows, I have 3 rows of code.

Thanks, Rob

Or:-
("C:Z").EntireColumn.Hidden = True.

Patrick Molloy[_2_]

Insert column and hide columns

Range("C:C,F:H,J:J,P:T").EntireColumn.Hidden = True

Rob wrote:
I need to hide a number of columns in a sheet and have used Columns
("C:C").EntireColumn.Hidden = True. This is fine but I have 15 columns
hide and having 15 rows of code seems excessive. Is there a way to
declare
the columns and thus apply in less rows of code?

Also, have similar issue with inserting where to say I want to insert 3
rows, I have 3 rows of code.

Thanks, Rob

Or:-
("C:Z").EntireColumn.Hidden = True.