-   -   Automated e-mail from Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407329-automated-e-mail-excel.html)

IvanM

Automated e-mail from Excel

I have a macro that sends selected spreadsheets to different groups of
employees. The macro scans down a list of receipents, sending the
appropriate file to each internal e-mail account. I use the SendMail command
to execute the send via Outlook. The problem I have is that a anti-spam
protection has been put in place that requires me to "man" the e-mail
process. Before each send, Excel waits for 5 seconds and then requires me to
confirm the e-mail. Does anyone know of a way around this protection?
Thanks

JP[_4_]

Automated e-mail from Excel

Check out

http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=52
http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm
http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/

HTH,
JP

On Mar 7, 3:46*pm, IvanM wrote:
I have a macro that sends selected spreadsheets to different groups of
employees. *The macro scans down a list of receipents, sending the
appropriate file to each internal e-mail account. *I use the SendMail command
to execute the send via Outlook. *The problem I have is that a anti-spam
protection has been put in place that requires me to "man" the e-mail
process. *Before each send, Excel waits for 5 seconds and then requires me to
confirm the e-mail. *Does anyone know of a way around this protection? *
Thanks

IvanM

Automated e-mail from Excel

That's really helpful. Thanks

On Mar 7, 3:46 pm, IvanM wrote:
I have a macro that sends selected spreadsheets to different groups of
employees. The macro scans down a list of receipents, sending the
appropriate file to each internal e-mail account. I use the SendMail command
to execute the send via Outlook. The problem I have is that a anti-spam
protection has been put in place that requires me to "man" the e-mail
process. Before each send, Excel waits for 5 seconds and then requires me to
confirm the e-mail. Does anyone know of a way around this protection?
Thanks

JP[_4_]

Automated e-mail from Excel

Also I forgot to mention, you could write the email-sending macro in
Outlook (where you won't get the security prompt), then (in Excel)
instantiate the Outlook Application object and call the macro from
there.

HTH,
JP

On Mar 7, 5:40*pm, IvanM wrote: