-   -   Close workbook without saving file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407231-close-workbook-without-saving-file.html)

[email protected]

Close workbook without saving file

Good morning,
I am aware that this issue has been raised
several times, however, i have yet to find a string of code that
actually gets RID of the "would you like to save prompt"!

I am using excel 2003 and i have tried all of the codes below with NO
success:

1) Windows("file_name.xls").Activate
ActiveWorkbook.Close (savechanges = False)

2) currentWorkbook.Close savechanges = False

3) Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.Close

Nothing i have tried from previous articles has helped; any advice
would be greatly appreciated.

[email protected]

Close workbook without saving file

Hi Kent,

In the 'This Workbook' object:

Me.Saved = True
End Sub

Cheers,
JF.

Barb Reinhardt

Close workbook without saving file

I've used

Application.DisplayAlerts = FALSE

Save code

Application.DisplayAlerts = TRUE

with success. I usually do this though so that I know I'm working on the
correct workbook.

Dim aWB as Workbook

Set aWB = Nothing
on Error resume next
Set aWB = Workbooks("file_name.xls")
on error goto 0

if Not aWB is nothing then ...
Do whatever you'd do with the aWB.
end if
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

" wrote:

Good morning,
I am aware that this issue has been raised
several times, however, i have yet to find a string of code that
actually gets RID of the "would you like to save prompt"!

I am using excel 2003 and i have tried all of the codes below with NO
success:

1) Windows("file_name.xls").Activate
ActiveWorkbook.Close (savechanges = False)

2) currentWorkbook.Close savechanges = False

3) Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.Close

Nothing i have tried from previous articles has helped; any advice
would be greatly appreciated.

JP[_4_]

Close workbook without saving file

Try

ActiveWorkbook.Saved = True
ActiveWorkbook.Close

From XL 2003 Help:

You can set this property to True if you want to close a modified
workbook without either saving it or being prompted to save it.

HTH,
JP

On Mar 6, 9:37*am, wrote:
Good morning,
* * * * * * * * * * * I am aware that this issue has been raised
several times, however, i have yet to find a string of code that
actually gets RID of the "would you like to save prompt"!

I am using excel 2003 and i have tried all of the codes below with NO
success:

1) Windows("file_name.xls").Activate
* * ActiveWorkbook.Close (savechanges = False)

2) currentWorkbook.Close savechanges = False

3) Application.DisplayAlerts = False
* * ActiveWorkbook.Close

Nothing i have tried from previous articles has helped; any advice
would be greatly appreciated.

Mike H

Close workbook without saving file

maybe this

Me.Saved = True
End Sub

Mike

" wrote:

Good morning,
I am aware that this issue has been raised
several times, however, i have yet to find a string of code that
actually gets RID of the "would you like to save prompt"!

I am using excel 2003 and i have tried all of the codes below with NO
success:

1) Windows("file_name.xls").Activate
ActiveWorkbook.Close (savechanges = False)

2) currentWorkbook.Close savechanges = False

3) Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.Close

Nothing i have tried from previous articles has helped; any advice
would be greatly appreciated.

Gary Keramidas[_2_]

Close workbook without saving file

you need a colon before the equals sign

Workbooks(fname).Close savechanges:=False

--

Gary
Excel 2003

wrote in message
Good morning,
I am aware that this issue has been raised
several times, however, i have yet to find a string of code that
actually gets RID of the "would you like to save prompt"!

I am using excel 2003 and i have tried all of the codes below with NO
success:

1) Windows("file_name.xls").Activate
ActiveWorkbook.Close (savechanges = False)

2) currentWorkbook.Close savechanges = False

3) Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.Close

Nothing i have tried from previous articles has helped; any advice
would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Phillips

Close workbook without saving file

Do you want to save it or not?

--
---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
Good morning,
I am aware that this issue has been raised
several times, however, i have yet to find a string of code that
actually gets RID of the "would you like to save prompt"!

I am using excel 2003 and i have tried all of the codes below with NO
success:

1) Windows("file_name.xls").Activate
ActiveWorkbook.Close (savechanges = False)

2) currentWorkbook.Close savechanges = False

3) Application.DisplayAlerts = False
ActiveWorkbook.Close

Nothing i have tried from previous articles has helped; any advice
would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Peterson

Close workbook without saving file

You've got to be careful with your syntax:

Windows("file_name.xls").Activate
ActiveWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False

or just:

workbooks("file_name.xls").Close savechanges:=False