-   -   Microsoft Office Document Imaging - Automation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407208-microsoft-office-document-imaging-automation.html)

SSDG

Microsoft Office Document Imaging - Automation

The following is from MODI help:

Microsoft Office Document Imaging supports Automation. ... Office Document
Imaging exposes a document object, and a viewer object, so that a program can
be written for example to open a Tagged Image File Format (TIFF) or Microsoft
Document Imaging Format (MDI) document, change the zoom scale, compression
options, and OCR text information.

I work in Excel and the object library for MODI is present and activated.
However I cannot access any objects from the Excel VBA editor nor does any
reference to automation tools appear anywhere in the MODI application itself.
I assume from the initial help statement above that you are supposed to
automate from another office product such as Excel.

However, it doesn't recognize MODI as a valid variable:

The code statement: "Application.ActivateMicrosoftApp MODI " returns:

Compile Error: "Expected variable or procedure, not project"

What else is needed in addition to activating the object library for MODI?