-   -   conditional formatting on click (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407154-conditional-formatting-click.html)

beverlydawn

conditional formatting on click

I want a cell to turn grey when clicked on, also to be clear if clicked on
after it has been grey. Is that possible?

Barb Reinhardt

conditional formatting on click

Right click on the tab and pull down to View Source

Paste this in the source for the sheet that is being modified

With Target.Interior
If .ColorIndex < 15 Then
.ColorIndex = 15
Else
.ColorIndex = -4142
End If
End With

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"beverlydawn" wrote:

I want a cell to turn grey when clicked on, also to be clear if clicked on
after it has been grey. Is that possible?

Gary''s Student

conditional formatting on click

Try this worksheet event macro. It is coded for cell B9, but you can adjust
to suit your needs:

Set t = Target
Set r = Range("B9")
If Intersect(t, r) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
If r.Interior.ColorIndex = 15 Then
r.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Else
r.Interior.ColorIndex = 15