-   -   Buttons appear to stay "pressed" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407074-buttons-appear-stay-pressed.html)

[email protected]

Buttons appear to stay "pressed"

I have three "button" shapes on a worksheet. Some of them take it upon
themselves to appear "pressed" when they haven't been pressed or to
stay "pressed" when they haven't been pressed.

Can anyone tell me what Property I need to apply to release these
buttons?

Susan

Buttons appear to stay "pressed"

are they command buttons or toggle buttons? toggle buttons are
designed to be "off" OR "on", whereas command buttons get "clicked" &
pop right back up.
hth
susan

On Mar 4, 3:50*am, wrote:

I have three "button" shapes on a worksheet. Some of them take it upon
themselves to appear "pressed" when they haven't beenpressedor to
stay "pressed" when they haven't beenpressed.

Can anyone tell me what Property I need to apply to release these
buttons?

They are command buttons but I take your point - they are behaving
very like toggle buttons.

Susan

Buttons appear to stay "pressed"

sorry - i have no idea why a command button would act like a toggle
button..........
the only thing i can think of would be to set a boolean value to the
command button, that the first time it's clicked it goes FALSE, & the
next time it's clicked it would go TRUE. that could account for
different **behavior**, but it wouldn't look any different.
maybe somebody else knows.
susan

On Mar 4, 3:50*am, wrote:

I have three "button" shapes on a worksheet. Some of them take it upon
themselves to appear "pressed" when they haven't beenpressedor to
stay "pressed" when they haven't beenpressed.

Can anyone tell me what Property I need to apply to release these
buttons?

They are command buttons but I take your point - they are behaving
very like toggle buttons.- Hide quoted text -