-   -   Use AutoFilter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/407050-use-autofilter.html)

Rafi

Use AutoFilter

I have a protected sheet and would like the on Open event to enable the use
of Autofilters however, my code produces the following resullt

For Each ws In Worksheets
ws.AutoFilterMode = True
Next

Run-Time Error 1004, Application defined or object defined error

Thanks

Bob Phillips

Use AutoFilter

From help

This property returns True if the drop-down arrows are currently displayed.
You can set this property to False to remove the arrows, but you cannot set
it to True. Use the AutoFilter method to filter a list and display the
drop-down arrows.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Rafi" wrote in message
I have a protected sheet and would like the on Open event to enable the use
of Autofilters however, my code produces the following resullt

For Each ws In Worksheets
ws.AutoFilterMode = True
Next

Run-Time Error 1004, Application defined or object defined error

Thanks

Rafi

Use AutoFilter

Bob,

Thanks for your response; I think I need to better explain the situation. I
have a protected excel file posted to a SharePoint server and I want to make
sure that the users will be able to use the autofilters without having to
unprotect the file. So my idea was to write a macro that will execute on
openning of te file to enable the use of AutoFilters onn a protected sheeet.

Thanks again

From help

"Rafi" wrote in message
I have a protected sheet and would like the on Open event to enable the use
of Autofilters however, my code produces the following resullt

For Each ws In Worksheets
ws.AutoFilterMode = True
Next

Run-Time Error 1004, Application defined or object defined error

Thanks

Gord Dibben

Use AutoFilter

You cannot change the sheet protection attributes without unprotecting the sheet
first.

To use Autofilter on a protected sheet you must have Autofilter set up prior to
protecting the sheet.

Your open code must unprotect the sheet, select a range then
DataFilterAutofilter then re-protect with the "use autofilter" enabled.

Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets("Sheet1").Select
With ActiveSheet
.Unprotect Password:="justme"
.Range("A1:F1").Select
Selection.AutoFilter
.Protect Password:="justme", DrawingObjects:=True, _
Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True _
, AllowFiltering:=True
End With
End Sub