-   -   selecting cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/406856-selecting-cells.html)

Lance

selecting cells

Hello,

I'm new to VB and VBA.. I was wondering how I might take the active cell I
am currently on in worksheet 1, and go to that same cell in worksheet 2. I
see how to do it if you make it rigid to a specific cell, but how do I make
it take whatever cell I have selected when it's different every time? (..hope
that makes sense)

Thanks,
Lance

Barb Reinhardt

selecting cells

It's not clear what you want to do. Do you want to go to Worksheet2 if
you've Selected a cell on Worksheet1 or if you've changed a cell on
Worksheet1.

Post back and someone can help. It's a fairly easy solution, I think.

Barb Reinhardt

"Lance" wrote:

Hello,

I'm new to VB and VBA.. I was wondering how I might take the active cell I
am currently on in worksheet 1, and go to that same cell in worksheet 2. I
see how to do it if you make it rigid to a specific cell, but how do I make
it take whatever cell I have selected when it's different every time? (..hope
that makes sense)

Thanks,
Lance

Don Guillett

selecting cells

Sub gotoactivecellinsht()
Application.Goto Sheets("sheet19").Range(ActiveCell.Address)

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"Lance" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm new to VB and VBA.. I was wondering how I might take the active cell I
am currently on in worksheet 1, and go to that same cell in worksheet 2. I
see how to do it if you make it rigid to a specific cell, but how do I
make
it take whatever cell I have selected when it's different every time?
(..hope
that makes sense)

Thanks,
Lance

Lance

selecting cells

I want to select a cell in worksheet 1, then select that same one in
worksheet 2, so worksheet1, cell B20. Then go to worksheet 2, select cell
B20. however, I don't want it set to just B20 though, because next time, it
might be worksheet1 cell A23, worksheet2 cell A23. Does that help?

Lance

"Lance" wrote:

Hello,

I'm new to VB and VBA.. I was wondering how I might take the active cell I
am currently on in worksheet 1, and go to that same cell in worksheet 2. I
see how to do it if you make it rigid to a specific cell, but how do I make
it take whatever cell I have selected when it's different every time? (..hope
that makes sense)

Thanks,
Lance

Barb Reinhardt

selecting cells

Right click on the tab for Worksheet1 and select ViewSource. Paste this in
the source

If Target.Count < 1 Then Exit Sub

Sheet2.Select
Sheet2.Range(Target.Address).Select

End Sub

Let me know if you want to do something else.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"Lance" wrote:

Hello,

I'm new to VB and VBA.. I was wondering how I might take the active cell I
am currently on in worksheet 1, and go to that same cell in worksheet 2. I
see how to do it if you make it rigid to a specific cell, but how do I make
it take whatever cell I have selected when it's different every time? (..hope
that makes sense)

Thanks,
Lance

Lance

selecting cells

Don,

Thanks a lot, that works. Is there anyway to make the sheet generic too?
...so that it just goes to the sheet after the active sheet?

Lance

"Lance" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm new to VB and VBA.. I was wondering how I might take the active cell I
am currently on in worksheet 1, and go to that same cell in worksheet 2. I
see how to do it if you make it rigid to a specific cell, but how do I
make
it take whatever cell I have selected when it's different every time?
(..hope
that makes sense)

Thanks,
Lance

Jim Thomlinson

selecting cells

This should works...

on error resume next
Application.Goto ActiveCell.Parent.Next.Range(ActiveCell.Address)
on error goto 0

It ends at the last sheet. If you want it to loop around to the frist sheet
again that is a little different...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson