-   -   QUERY EXCEL TABLE DATA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/406699-query-excel-table-data.html)

ibo4lyf

QUERY EXCEL TABLE DATA

I have built a matrix to track data (Worksheet A). I am hyperlinking
individual elements to other worksheets (MULTIPLE, too many, blah). I
have decided to build one worksheet with all the data in a single
table (Worksheet B). I would like to be able to click on a hyperlink
(from Worksheet A) and not only be taken to the next sheet (Worksheet
c) but display only the desired data (from Worksheet B).

Is their a formula to query and display the desired cells?

thanks in advance!!!!1

ward376

QUERY EXCEL TABLE DATA

You can use Microsoft query to extract from Excel files - just make
sure your queried file is in database format - all columns contain the
same data types, no completely empty columns or rows etc. Data -
Import External Data - New Database Query. Choose Excel Files* for the
Data Source and navigate to the workbook and sheet you want to query.

You may also want to use the Worksheet_FollowHyperlink event to either
trip/display the desired query or just filter the sheet being linked
to so the info you want is displayed.

Cliff Edwards