-   -   Charting Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/406679-charting-problem.html)

EE[_2_]

Charting Problem

Hi

Maybe this is a simple chart example but I am not able to figure it
out.

I have some data in the format below.

Date 1 Value
1 Jan 10
2 Jan 20
3 Jan 40
4 Jan 30
5 Jan 50

and so on (around 1000 entries)

Now I have some events that happen at certain values. Like at 30 there
is a positive event that has a value +10%. Lets say at 40 value, I
have a negative event has a value -10%.

I store this information in two columns. I can also concatenate it if
needed.

I want the Text "P 10%" along with a Marker at the value 30 and text
"N -10%" along with a marker at the 40 value. On the same chart.

How do I accomplish this. I have tried Line charts with XY scatter in
a series but I seem to be doing something wrong.

I hope I communicated this clear.

Thanks for all the help.

Prasad