Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel to text file

I want to export data from several cells into the text file and I am
epxeriencing problem with formatting, I can not have line breaks to give me
new line for each entry. I have tried to use Chr(10) and Chr(13) but it does
not work. What is wrong in code below:

=====================================
Sub PrintAttachments()

Dim AttachmentsList As String

CheckSecurity

AttachmentsList = ""

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

For i = 1 To 10
For j = 3 To 12
If Worksheets(i).Cells(j, 17) < "" Then
AttachmentsList = AttachmentsList + Worksheets(i).Cells(j,
17) & Chr(10)
End If
Next j
Next i
If AttachmentsList < "" Then
AttachmentsList = "List of attachments: " & Chr(10) & Chr(10) &
AttachmentsList
Open "c:\temp\attachments.txt" For Output As #1
Write #1, AttachmentsList
Close #1
End If

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Is there any way of printing my results instead of saving them into txt file ?

Thanks for help.

Tony