-   -   macro copy data from one file to another? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/406503-macro-copy-data-one-file-another.html)

Cam

macro copy data from one file to another?

Hello,

I have two files in a network drive where file1 contain a pivot data that is
generated (added data in the last column) each day. then I have to open file1
to copy the data for today and pasted into another file2 where I did all the
calculation and graphing.
I would like to create a macro where it will open or copy the last column
(E1:E7) with data from file1 and paste it to the last column without data
(O1:O7) in file2 in sheet data.

Here are the sample of data from both files.
File1: Sheet1 sheet
A B C D E
Alt WC 2/20/2008 2/21/2008 2/22/2008
1 100 20 22 15
230 13 14 14
300 11 11 16
430 1.3 1.2 2.5
450 1.1 21.5 11.6
500 1.0 3.1 1.4

File2: Data sheet
A B M N O
Alt WC 2/20/2008 2/21/2008
1 100 20 22
230 13 14
300 11 11
430 1.3 1.2
450 1.1 21.5
500 1.0 3.1

NOTE: column C to L have existing data from file 2. Thanks