-   -   check that active cell is within a range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/406270-check-active-cell-within-range.html)

alstubna

check that active cell is within a range

Hello All

Trying to modify a macro. The macro is attached to a forms button.

The macro does stuff based on the active cell. When a user clicks the button
to run the macro I need to pop-up a message box if the active cell isn't
within a named range Table1 (A1:R18) then exit the sub.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)[_1304_]

check that active cell is within a range

You can use the Intersect method to test that....

If Application.Intersect(ActiveCell, Range("A1:R18")) Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "The active cell is not within the range of A1:R18"
End If

Rick

Trying to modify a macro. The macro is attached to a forms button.

The macro does stuff based on the active cell. When a user clicks the
button
to run the macro I need to pop-up a message box if the active cell isn't
within a named range Table1 (A1:R18) then exit the sub.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

alstubna

check that active cell is within a range

Thanks Rick, works great.