-   -   highest used area of an array ("uBound" of used area)? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/406227-highest-used-area-array-ubound-used-area.html)

Ker_01

highest used area of an array ("uBound" of used area)?

I have an array that will contain an unknown number of entries. To avoid
lots of re-dimming of the array as it grows, I want to initially dim it as
(1 to 10000), then if I hit 10,000 entries I want to redim it in 1000 units
at a time.

The problem is that I also need to keep track of how much of the array has
already been used, so that I can keep adding entries in the next available
slot. In the example above, uBound returns 10000 even if the array is empty.
My normal practice is to keep a separate counter variable and increment it
with each addition. Is this desired programming practice, or is there a way
to directly determine the used size of the array from VBA? It seems more
eloquent if I could use something similar to UBound to determine this value
dynamically.

Thanks!
Keith

David

highest used area of an array ("uBound" of used area)?

Counting the entries as they happen with a variable, this already happens,
yes? Seems you just need to test that or am i missing something?

David