Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Excel for statistical analysis - a question for problem-solvers

I have a business analytics problem and am looking for some advice.

I have 20 variables, each of which has a value assigned to it (Var1 =
5, Var2 = 8, Var3 = 6, Var4 = 10, Var5 = 2 and so on).

All of these 20 variables can exist in isolation or they can exist
with any combination of the other 19 variables.

What I would like to do is to be able to see all the possible
combinations of these variables in order to see the total values of
different combinations. For example, if one combination is
(Var1+Var2+Var3+Var4 then the value would be 29).

Can anyone suggest how I would go about doing this? By hand, I figure
I would have to make thousands upon thousands of equations (if not
more). So obviously, I'm trying to find a way to automate the
process.

I am well versed in MS Excel and Access. I know a bit of VB, but not
much.

Any help would be appreciated.

SB