-   -   Code that will rerun or refresh a pivot table (after new data ispasted into the original Pivot Table's Source Range) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/406020-code-will-rerun-refresh-pivot-table-after-new-data-ispasted-into-original-pivot-tables-source-range.html)

Mike C[_5_]

Code that will rerun or refresh a pivot table (after new data ispasted into the original Pivot Table's Source Range)

Hello,

I have created the following named range:

=OFFSET('FL1'!$A$12,0,0,COUNTA('FL1'!$A:$A),COUNTA ('FL1'!$12:$12))

But I cannot figure out how to update a pivot table's results
automatically (after pasting a new set of data into the pivot table's
original source field.

In essence, I have a report that I need to pivot every morning
(sometimes 5-6 times per day). I am hoping to simply paste the new
data into the original tab where my prior day's report data existed,
and then click on a button that will update the pivot table results
for the new data.

Does anyone have a some code that would allow this?

I have not figured out how to do it........

THanks for any suggestions!

ryguy7272

Code that will rerun or refresh a pivot table (after new data is p

This should handle all your needs:
Sub AllWorkbookPivots()
Dim pt As PivotTable
Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each pt In ws.PivotTables
pt.RefreshTable
Next pt
Next ws
End Sub

This, and other good things he
http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/pivot-table-refresh.htm

Regards,
Ryan--

--
RyGuy

"Mike C" wrote:

Hello,

I have created the following named range:

=OFFSET('FL1'!$A$12,0,0,COUNTA('FL1'!$A:$A),COUNTA ('FL1'!$12:$12))

But I cannot figure out how to update a pivot table's results
automatically (after pasting a new set of data into the pivot table's
original source field.

In essence, I have a report that I need to pivot every morning
(sometimes 5-6 times per day). I am hoping to simply paste the new
data into the original tab where my prior day's report data existed,
and then click on a button that will update the pivot table results
for the new data.

Does anyone have a some code that would allow this?

I have not figured out how to do it........

THanks for any suggestions!

Roger Govier[_3_]

Code that will rerun or refresh a pivot table (after new data is pasted into the original Pivot Table's Source Range)

Hi Mike

You could paste the following code onto the sheet containing the Pivot
Table.
As soon as you go to the PT after pasting your new data, the PT will refresh
as the sheet is activated.
You will need to change the name of the PT to match your own.
Right click on PTTable OptionsName

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()

ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotCache. Refresh

Regards
Roger Govier

"Mike C" wrote in message
Hello,

I have created the following named range:

=OFFSET('FL1'!$A$12,0,0,COUNTA('FL1'!$A:$A),COUNTA ('FL1'!$12:$12))

But I cannot figure out how to update a pivot table's results
automatically (after pasting a new set of data into the pivot table's
original source field.

In essence, I have a report that I need to pivot every morning
(sometimes 5-6 times per day). I am hoping to simply paste the new
data into the original tab where my prior day's report data existed,
and then click on a button that will update the pivot table results
for the new data.

Does anyone have a some code that would allow this?

I have not figured out how to do it........

THanks for any suggestions!

Mike C[_5_]

Code that will rerun or refresh a pivot table (after new data isp

On Feb 13, 12:16*pm, ryguy7272
wrote:
This should handle all your needs:
Sub AllWorkbookPivots()
Dim pt As PivotTable
Dim ws As Worksheet
* * For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets

"Mike C" wrote:
Hello,

I have created the following named range:

=OFFSET('FL1'!$A$12,0,0,COUNTA('FL1'!$A:$A),COUNTA ('FL1'!$12:$12))

But I cannot figure out how to update a pivot table's results
automatically (after pasting a new set of data into the pivot table's
original source field.

In essence, I have a report that I need to pivot every morning
(sometimes 5-6 times per day). I am hoping to simply paste the new
data into the original tab where my prior day's report data existed,
and then click on a button that will update the pivot table results
for the new data.

Does anyone have a some code that would allow this?

I have not figured out how to do it........

THanks for any suggestions!- Hide quoted text -

....And you were right, the code you provided was just what I needed!
Thanks again.