-   -   WorksheetFunction.Match applied on an Array (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/405374-re-worksheetfunction-match-applied-array.html)

Jim Cone

WorksheetFunction.Match applied on an Array

Charles,
"Worksheetfunction.Match is faster than using Application.Match"

Does that apply to the use of all worksheet functions in VBA?
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Charles Williams"
wrote in message
Hi Werner,
If you use Worksheetfunction.Match with exact match an error is raised if
there is no match, so you need to error trap it with On Error.

If you use Application.Match no error is raised but an error value is
returned instead
Note that using Worksheetfunction.Match is faster than using
Application.Match
regards
Charles
Outlines for my Sessions at the Australia Excel Users Group
http://www.decisionmodels.com/OZEUC.htm

Charles Williams

WorksheetFunction.Match applied on an Array

Jim,

Well I have not tested it so I dont know ...

wrote in message
Hi Werner,
If you use Worksheetfunction.Match with exact match an error is raised if
there is no match, so you need to error trap it with On Error.

If you use Application.Match no error is raised but an error value is
returned instead
Note that using Worksheetfunction.Match is faster than using
Application.Match
regards
Charles
Outlines for my Sessions at the Australia Excel Users Group
http://www.decisionmodels.com/OZEUC.htm

Jim Cone

WorksheetFunction.Match applied on an Array

Charles,
I was afraid that would be the answer.
I certainly don't want to spend the time to do the tests.<g
Thanks,
Jim Cone