-   -   Select Method of Range Class Failed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/405341-select-method-range-class-failed.html)

DKS

Select Method of Range Class Failed

Hi,

Stuck since a few hours now on a "Select Method of Range Class Failed"
error. The error is on a simple statement like

Range ("A1").Select

Just for info, I am scuttling back and forth (programatically) between two
opened workbooks using the instruction

Activewindow.Activatenext

I have no clue on why I am getting this error and what must I do to fix
this? I have used the range("A1").select so many times in the past without
problems that i am frustrated with this error that I am getting.

All help will be appreciated.

Jim Cone

Select Method of Range Class Failed

The code should be in a standard module not a sheet module.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"DKS"
wrote in message
Hi,
Stuck since a few hours now on a "Select Method of Range Class Failed"
error. The error is on a simple statement like

Range ("A1").Select

Just for info, I am scuttling back and forth (programatically) between two
opened workbooks using the instruction

Activewindow.Activatenext

I have no clue on why I am getting this error and what must I do to fix
this? I have used the range("A1").select so many times in the past without
problems that i am frustrated with this error that I am getting.
All help will be appreciated.

DKS

Select Method of Range Class Failed

Thanks, that solved the problem.

wrote in message
Hi,
Stuck since a few hours now on a "Select Method of Range Class Failed"
error. The error is on a simple statement like

Range ("A1").Select

Just for info, I am scuttling back and forth (programatically) between two
opened workbooks using the instruction

Activewindow.Activatenext

I have no clue on why I am getting this error and what must I do to fix
this? I have used the range("A1").select so many times in the past without
problems that i am frustrated with this error that I am getting.
All help will be appreciated.

Jim Thomlinson

Select Method of Range Class Failed

activesheet.Range("A1").select

Also note that if your active sheet is a chart then this is going to crash...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson