-   -   Calling Excel using DCOM (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/405338-calling-excel-using-dcom.html)

Maury Markowitz

Calling Excel using DCOM

One of the machines on our network has a large library of Excel code I'd like
to call remotely.

I went to that machine and used dcomcfng to turn on access for "Microsoft
Excel Application" with Everyone set to full control.

When I attempt to call it with CreateObject("Excel.Application", "peterwrk")
I always get a "70, Permission Denied".

Is there anything else I have to do? I can make DCOM calls OUT from both the
client and server machines, and as far as I can tell, the server is properly
configured to allow DCOM calls and access Excel. Is there anything special I
need to do for Excel?

Maury