-   -   Change a field and delete row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/405332-change-field-delete-row.html)

Albert

Change a field and delete row

Hi Guys,

I would like to delete the row if a column "status" changes to "closed.

this is what I got, but of course it is not working can you help?

Dim cnclrge As Range
' If ActiveCell.Offset(0, 17) = "Closed" Then
'
' cnclrge.EntireRow.Delete
' End If

Thanks
Albert

Don Guillett

Change a field and delete row

If ActiveCell.Offset(0, 17) = "Closed" Then activecell.EntireRow.Delete

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Albert" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

I would like to delete the row if a column "status" changes to "closed.

this is what I got, but of course it is not working can you help?

Dim cnclrge As Range
' If ActiveCell.Offset(0, 17) = "Closed" Then
'
' cnclrge.EntireRow.Delete
' End If

Thanks
Albert

Bob Phillips

Change a field and delete row

Const WS_RANGE As String = "Q:Q" '<== change to suit

On Error GoTo ws_exit
Application.EnableEvents = False

If Target.Value = "Closed" Then Target.EntireRow.Delete
End If

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

---
HTH

Bob

"Albert" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

I would like to delete the row if a column "status" changes to "closed.

this is what I got, but of course it is not working can you help?

Dim cnclrge As Range
' If ActiveCell.Offset(0, 17) = "Closed" Then
'
' cnclrge.EntireRow.Delete
' End If

Thanks
Albert

FSt1

Change a field and delete row

hi
your not setting the active cell to equal cnclrge.
Dim cnclrge As Range
set cnclrge = activecell
If ActiveCell.Offset(0, 17) = "Closed" Then
cnclrge.EntireRow.Delete
'or Activecell.EntireEow.Delete
end if

Personally i dislike using Activecell and perfer using variables but
everyone has your own way.

Regards
FSt1
"Albert" wrote:

Hi Guys,

I would like to delete the row if a column "status" changes to "closed.

this is what I got, but of course it is not working can you help?

Dim cnclrge As Range
' If ActiveCell.Offset(0, 17) = "Closed" Then
'
' cnclrge.EntireRow.Delete
' end if
Thanks