-   -   ComparingColumns (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/405306-comparingcolumns.html)

gh

ComparingColumns

I have 2 spreadsheets, with an id column that is assigned to a person,
in each one. One spreadsheet shows the people who pre-registered for an
event and the other spreadsheet shows the id of the people who attended.
I need to compare those who were registered against those who
attended, to show who was registered that did not show and those who
showed up without pre-registering. Can this be done in Excel?

TIA

Dave Peterson

ComparingColumns

Chip Pearson has lots of techniques to work with duplicates:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx

--

Dave Peterson