-   -   force a selection from a list of words (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/404942-force-selection-list-words.html)

Rick S.

force a selection from a list of words

I have a list of prefered words for specific type work sheets, is there a way
to force a user to select from that list and only that list?
In my workbooks, each sheet will have a column (F) that will use up to 29
rows maximum. When ever a user selects a cell in that column I want to force
them to select from a list of specific words to fill the cell.
--
Regards

VBA.Noob.Confused
XP Pro
Office 2007

Gary''s Student

force a selection from a list of words

Use Data Validation
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200766

"Rick S." wrote:

I have a list of prefered words for specific type work sheets, is there a way
to force a user to select from that list and only that list?
In my workbooks, each sheet will have a column (F) that will use up to 29
rows maximum. When ever a user selects a cell in that column I want to force
them to select from a list of specific words to fill the cell.
--
Regards

VBA.Noob.Confused
XP Pro
Office 2007

Rick S.

force a selection from a list of words

This works great! ;)
Can the font size be chaned?
--
Regards

VBA.Noob.Confused
XP Pro
Office 2007

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Data Validation
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200766

"Rick S." wrote:

I have a list of prefered words for specific type work sheets, is there a way
to force a user to select from that list and only that list?
In my workbooks, each sheet will have a column (F) that will use up to 29
rows maximum. When ever a user selects a cell in that column I want to force
them to select from a list of specific words to fill the cell.
--
Regards

VBA.Noob.Confused
XP Pro
Office 2007

Rick S.

force a selection from a list of words

It would be nice if we could edit our replies/posts.

Can the font size be changed? (not chaned)

--
Regards

VBA.Noob.Confused
XP Pro
Office 2007

"Rick S." wrote:

This works great! ;)
Can the font size be chaned?
--
Regards

VBA.Noob.Confused
XP Pro
Office 2007

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Data Validation
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200766

"Rick S." wrote:

I have a list of prefered words for specific type work sheets, is there a way
to force a user to select from that list and only that list?
In my workbooks, each sheet will have a column (F) that will use up to 29
rows maximum. When ever a user selects a cell in that column I want to force
them to select from a list of specific words to fill the cell.
--
Regards

VBA.Noob.Confused
XP Pro
Office 2007

Gord Dibben

force a selection from a list of words

DV dropdown list fonts cannot be changed.

There are workarounds.

See Debra's site

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal08.html#Font

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP