-   -   Schedule downloads (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/404763-schedule-downloads.html)

Andyjim

Schedule downloads

I have a macro (GetQuotes) to download market quotes. Now I need to write a
macro to run the GetQuotes macro every 10 minutes from 6PM Sun to 5PM Fri.
Don't know how to do that.

[RBS posted the following reply:
Simplest is to use the Windows task scheduler.
This can start Excel with a workbook as an argument to open that workbook.
Code can then be started from the Workbook_Open event and your code can then
detect the end of Friday to stop running and close the workbook
and then do an Application.Quit.]

I am not sure what the suggestion means. Does it mean have Windows Task
Scheduler open Excel every 10 minutes? What I'd like is a macro that does the
scheduling. Is that possible? And, how would I detect end of Friday?

Thanks,
Andy

ryguy7272

Schedule downloads

This will get you most of the way the
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/OnTime.aspx

Insert your code in the appropriate place and you should be in business.

Regards,
Ryan--

--
RyGuy