-   -   Given Address, find named ranges that contain it (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/404761-given-address-find-named-ranges-contain.html)

INTP56

Given Address, find named ranges that contain it

Excel 2003

By whatever method, I get to a cell on a worksheet.

Now I want to find out if this cell has a name, or is contained in other
named ranges on the worksheet.

Is there a direct way to get this information? Or do I have to iterate
through all the names myself and determine (Union?) if my cell is in the
named range?

Thanks,

Bob

Tim Zych

Given Address, find named ranges that contain it

As far as whether an exact range has been named, <range.Name.Name will
return the range name (first found by alphabetical order for
multiple-names), if there is one. Otherwise it will return an error.

As far as whether a range intersects a named range (but not is the range
exactly), and/or to find all of the names for a range with multiple names, I
do believe you would need to loop.

--
Tim Zych
SF, CA