-   -   Automatic Toolbar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/404639-automatic-toolbar.html)

Michelle

Automatic Toolbar

Hello, I posted this question on Excel.Misc a while ago, but everyone
ignored it, I'm really desperate for a solution... any ideas:

I use hyperlinks to other documents, but I don't want the Web toolbar to
come up everytime I use them.Can I switch that automatic feature off? I
don't want to know how to turn a toolbar off (I've done that a thousand
times)! I want to know how to stop it from coming on automatically each time
I follow a hyperlink.

Any ideas? Please...

Bill Manville

Automatic Toolbar

A VBA solution which would prevent the Web toolbar from being shown (at
all) would be:
Application.CommandBars("Web").Enabled = False

If you wanted to disable it only when a particular workbook was open
you could put this in its Workbook_Open procedure in ThisWorkbook
and
Application.CommandBars("Web").Enabled = True
in Workbook_BeforeClose

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Michelle