-   -   Formula for day of the week to relate to corresponding date cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/404609-formula-day-week-relate-corresponding-date-cell.html)

Cadders

Formula for day of the week to relate to corresponding date cell

I am not a programmer but can do some basic instructions in excel cells but I
am not able to solve this one. In Excel 2002xp I have a date in one cell and
would like this to display the actual weekday in another cell. Is there a
formula for achieving this?
--
Cadders

FSt1

Formula for day of the week to relate to corresponding date cell

hi,
in A1 is 1/19/08
=text(A1,"dddd")=Saturday
=text(A1,"ddd")=Sat

regards
FSt1

"Cadders" wrote:

I am not a programmer but can do some basic instructions in excel cells but I
am not able to solve this one. In Excel 2002xp I have a date in one cell and
would like this to display the actual weekday in another cell. Is there a
formula for achieving this?
--
Cadders

Gary''s Student

Formula for day of the week to relate to corresponding date cell

If your date is in A1, then in B1 enter:

=A1

format B1 as Custom dddd
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200765