-   -   Excel spread sheets do not close from vb.net (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/404414-excel-spread-sheets-do-not-close-vbulletin-net.html)

Arniec

Excel spread sheets do not close from vb.net

I wrote a program in vb.net 2005 to open a spread sheet, read data and then
close the spreadsheet. The probelm is it is not really closing.

Dim xlApp As Excel.Application
Dim xlBook As Excel.Workbook
Dim xlSheet As Excel.Worksheet

' OPEN WORKSHEET AND DO STUFF

xlBook.Application.Visible = True
xlBook.Windows(1).Visible = True
xlBook.Application.WindowState = Excel.XlWindowState.xlMinimized

' Call loadSheet(xlbook.Worksheets(SheetName))

xlBook.Close(True)
xlApp.Quit()
NAR(xlBook)
NAR(xlApp)

Private Sub NAR(ByVal o As Object)
Try
System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComO bject(o)
Catch ex As Exception
Finally
o = Nothing
End Try
End Sub

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

--
Arnie

Jon Peltier

Excel spread sheets do not close from vb.net

Not really sure, but maybe you should release the workbook before trying to
quit the application, in other words, reverse these two steps:

xlApp.Quit()
NAR(xlBook)

- Jon
-------