-   -   How can I embed a parameter for a stored proc into MS Query? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/404293-how-can-i-embed-parameter-stored-proc-into-ms-query.html)

Gail J-N

How can I embed a parameter for a stored proc into MS Query?

I need to run an MS SQL Server 2005 stored proc from MS query, but I'd really
like to be able to pass one single parameter for the stored proc to MS Query
(or VBA??) from Excel. Is there a way to do that?

E.g. my stored proc is: ABCD '200801' where '200801' is an input parameter.

I'd like to have a user update an Excel field as '200802', and then have a
way that MS Query (or something) executes the SQL stored proc using the new
parameter (e.g. ABCD '200802').

Can that we done?

Thanks in advance!!