-   -   Hiding named ranges before printing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/404276-re-hiding-named-ranges-before-printing.html)

Dave Peterson

Hiding named ranges before printing

That's the way I'd approach it.

But another alternative is to use a cell (outside the printrange). Then you
could use format|conditional formatting to change the colors.

Select all the areas
format|conditional formatting
formula is: =$x$99="hide"
and give it the hidden format.

Then you could have your print code just put "hide" in that cell, do the print,
and clearcontents of that cell.

PO wrote:

Excel 2003, sp2

Hi,

I have several named ranges in a worksheet. The user is supposed to enter
values into some of them to be used in various formulas. The cells are
formated with interior colors, borders and bold font for clarity.

I don't want the values in the named ranges to be printed though.
The printout macro I use therefore loops through the names collection and
changes the cells which are used for user-criteria interior and text color
to 16777215 (white) and changes them back after the print.

Is there a better, more direct, way to do this i.e.
ThisWorkbook.Names("Margin").[dontprintme]?

Regards
Pete

--

Dave Peterson