-   -   Subtracting times (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/404157-subtracting-times.html)

Bob[_75_]

Subtracting times

Hi, and thanks
For the life of me I can't figure this out, and I know it's simple.
in cell a1 have the time 09:22:45am
in cell a2 have the time 09:23:55am
I want to subtract and in cell a3 have the answer of 1:10
Do I have to format the cells as something else and not time?

Thanks Much
Bobby

Bob Phillips

Subtracting times

=A2-A1

and format as h:mm

--
HTH

Bob

"Bob" wrote in message
Hi, and thanks
For the life of me I can't figure this out, and I know it's simple.
in cell a1 have the time 09:22:45am
in cell a2 have the time 09:23:55am
I want to subtract and in cell a3 have the answer of 1:10
Do I have to format the cells as something else and not time?

Thanks Much
Bobby

Bob[_75_]

Subtracting times

Thanks Bob

On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 12:14:16 -0000, "Bob Phillips"
wrote:

=A2-A1

and format as h:mm