-   -   Problems adjusting column width (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/403736-problems-adjusting-column-width.html)

sean_mufc

Problems adjusting column width

Hello all,

Just a quick question does anyone know of a way to programmatically adjust
the column with to ensure that the text within a cell is entirely visible.

I have tried

xlSheet.Columns.ShrinkToFit = true;

but this doesnt seem to work.
I have also tried doing it column by column using a range and a foreach loop
but this has the same result.

foreach (string str in arrCols)
{
xlRange1 = xlSheet.get_Range(str + 1, str + 73);
xlRange1.Columns.ShrinkToFit = true;
}

Ive also tried AutoFit() but again not what I need. This just widens all the
col widths to a standard area thats too large for what I need. I just need
the col width to be wide enough to show all the text and thats it, nothing
longer

Any suggestions??

Cheers,
Sean

Don Guillett

Problems adjusting column width

Look in the vba help index for AUTOFIT

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"sean_mufc" wrote in message
[...]

Gary''s Student

Problems adjusting column width

If we are interested in a given column, say column D:

Columns("D:D").EntireColumn.AutoFit

If we are interested in more than one column, then just loop.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200763

"sean_mufc" wrote:

[...]

sean_mufc[_2_]

Problems adjusting column width

I did, could not find any help there either

"sean_mufc" wrote in message
[...]

We're actually dealing with several ranges. The problem is AutoFit() does
re-size width but its over twice as wide as needed. I'm really looking for
another way to resize (not .ShrinkToFit = true as this doesnt work either).
I've tried resizing using ranges and using either worksheet instances but
they dont work either

"sean_mufc" wrote:

[...]

Sub docolwidth()
lr = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row
For Each c In Range("d1:d" & lr)
c.Value = Trim(c)
Next c
Columns("d").AutoFit