-   -   Can I find out if & where "Freeze Panes" is set (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/403704-can-i-find-out-if-where-freeze-panes-set.html)

[email protected]

Can I find out if & where "Freeze Panes" is set

From within a macro I would like to be able to determine if "Freeze Panes"
is set for a worksheet and, if so, exactly which rows/columns are frozen.
Is that possible? How?

Thanks!!

Andy Pope

Can I find out if & where "Freeze Panes" is set

Hi,

Sub Macro1()
'
If ActiveWindow.FreezePanes Then
MsgBox "Freeze panes are on"
Else
MsgBox "No Freeze panes"
End If

MsgBox Cells(ActiveWindow.ScrollRow, _
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn).Address

End Sub

Cheers
Andy

From within a macro I would like to be able to determine if "Freeze Panes"

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

JLGWhiz

Can I find out if & where "Freeze Panes" is set

This will tell you the column and row that is frozen if any.

Sub fndfrz()
If ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True Then
MsgBox "Column: " & ActiveWindow.SplitColumn & ", _
Row: " & ActiveWindow.SplitRow

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

Sub Macro1()
'
If ActiveWindow.FreezePanes Then
MsgBox "Freeze panes are on"
Else
MsgBox "No Freeze panes"
End If

MsgBox Cells(ActiveWindow.ScrollRow, _
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn).Address

End Sub

Cheers
Andy

wrote:
From within a macro I would like to be able to determine if "Freeze Panes"
is set for a worksheet and, if so, exactly which rows/columns are frozen.
Is that possible? How?

Thanks!!

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

JLGWhiz

Can I find out if & where "Freeze Panes" is set

P.S. These codes only tell you the window row and column positions that are
frozen, NOT necessarily the sheet row and column.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

Sub Macro1()
'
If ActiveWindow.FreezePanes Then
MsgBox "Freeze panes are on"
Else
MsgBox "No Freeze panes"
End If

MsgBox Cells(ActiveWindow.ScrollRow, _
ActiveWindow.ScrollColumn).Address

End Sub

Cheers
Andy

wrote:
From within a macro I would like to be able to determine if "Freeze Panes"
is set for a worksheet and, if so, exactly which rows/columns are frozen.
Is that possible? How?

Thanks!!

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Andy Pope

Can I find out if & where "Freeze Panes" is set

I see that my code actually returns the visible Top left cell within the
frozen panes.

Cheers
Andy

Andy Pope wrote: