-   -   script to increase last number in cell entry for hyperlink (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/403561-script-increase-last-number-cell-entry-hyperlink.html)

Kim

script to increase last number in cell entry for hyperlink

Hi
I have an excel sheet with 4,000 rows each having a record of a picture. I
need to hyperlink a cell entry in each row to open the picture when it is
clicked.
I can do this through insert hyperlink command but don't want to do it 4,000
times!

Is there a way to do this with vba? Either from a macro button or running a
script that would increment the file name by 1 digit for each row i.e.
Filepathpicture1 (set by hyperlink)
filepathpicture2
filepathpicture3 and so on with the script changing the picture number.
Thanks

Gary''s Student

script to increase last number in cell entry for hyperlink

VBA is really not needed he

In A1 enter:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Pictures\100_006

In B1 enter:

=ROW()&".jpg"

In C1 enter:

=HYPERLINK(A1 & B1)

This will hyperlink to 100_0061.jpg

Just copy A1 thru C1 down the column to increase the numerical sequence.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200763