Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Method 'Columns' of object '_Global' failed

In a normal Sub in a normal module (not run via automation) I have this line
of code:
Columns(8).NumberFormat = "@"
Actually it is:
3260 Columns(8).NumberFormat = "@"
As I have line numbering for error handling.

It works fine on my machine (Excel 11, Windows XP) but I got a message from
one user
where this line fails with: Method 'Columns' of object '_Global' failed
This is also in Excel 11, not sure about the OS.
Why could this be?

If I record selecting a column I get: Columns("E:E").Select
and Columns is a member of globals in the object browser.
Should I do: ActiveSheet.Columns(8) ?

Thanks for any insight in this.

RBS