-   -   Long running operations (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/402927-long-running-operations.html)

Erik Wikström[_2_]

Long running operations

Hello

I have an Excel-file that interacts with MATLAB, some of the interactions
can take quite a long time, when that happens a window comes up saying that
"Microsoft Office Excel is waiting for another application to complete an OLE
action. I understand that I should be able to get rid of this window by
setting Application.DisplayAlerts to false during the operation.

However instead I would like to show a model window of my own (without any
buttons or such) with a message like "please wait" and then when the
operation is completed I remove the window. Is that possible?

AFAIK if I use a normal form and run Show() then I will not be able to close
it from the code that created it, that have to be done in code belonging to
the form, is that correct?

--
Erik Wikström

Jean-Yves[_2_]