-   -   Excel Range In Word (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/402882-excel-range-word.html)

Paul W Smith

Excel Range In Word

I wish to paste a named range from Excel into a Word Document using VBA.
From Excel I have created a Word document as an object, but cannot
understand how to use any of the Word VBA code I have recorded.

In Excel I can easily reference the named range I require to insert, but how
I utilise this to paste it into the Word document I have created has me
scratcjing my head.

Recording the paste operation in Word gives:

Selection.PasteExcelTable False, False, False

All I am trying to to is paste a number of Excel ranges into a Word
document, does anyone have any code whioch might help me.

PWS

Tony Jollans

Excel Range In Word

So, if you take your recorded code and qualify it with te Word object ...

(YourWordObject).Selection.etc

what happens?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Paul W Smith" wrote in message
I wish to paste a named range from Excel into a Word Document using VBA.
From Excel I have created a Word document as an object, but cannot
understand how to use any of the Word VBA code I have recorded.

In Excel I can easily reference the named range I require to insert, but
how I utilise this to paste it into the Word document I have created has
me scratcjing my head.

Recording the paste operation in Word gives:

Selection.PasteExcelTable False, False, False

All I am trying to to is paste a number of Excel ranges into a Word
document, does anyone have any code whioch might help me.

PWS

Dan R.

Excel Range In Word

Paul,

Try this:

Sub CopyToWord()
'must have a reference to the word object library
Dim wdApp As Word.Application
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim wdDoc As Word.Document
Set wdApp = CreateObject("Word.application")
Set wdDoc = wdApp.Documents.Add

For i = 1 To Names.Count
ActiveSheet.Range(Names(i)).Copy
wdDoc.Paragraphs(wdDoc.Paragraphs.Count) _
.Range.InsertParagraphAfter
wdDoc.Paragraphs(wdDoc.Paragraphs.Count) _
.Range.Paste
Next i

wdApp.ActiveDocument.Save
wdDoc.Close
Set wdDoc = Nothing
wdApp.Quit
Set wdApp = Nothing

Dan

On Dec 17, 2:23 pm, "Paul W Smith" wrote:
I wish to paste a named range from Excel into a Word Document using VBA.
From Excel I have created a Word document as an object, but cannot