-   -   CSV line feed delimitter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/402876-csv-line-feed-delimitter.html)

Janne

CSV line feed delimitter

I have a extern automation system where I create CSV -file to be later
imported into Excel 2003. There is 150 ascii text string variables with
different lengths (but always same) in row and 70 rows. I can add commas ok
by adding ',' between variables.
This way I can import variables in separate colums. Now I would like to
bequin new rows automaticly when importing. What is the right delimiter
instead of ',' to be inserted in the end of the row?

Thanks in advance

JP[_4_]

CSV line feed delimitter

Try "vbcrlf" or Chr(13)

HTH,
HP

On Dec 17, 2:15 pm, Janne wrote:
I have a extern automation system where I create CSV -file to be later
imported into Excel 2003. There is 150 ascii text string variables with
different lengths (but always same) in row and 70 rows. I can add commas ok
by adding ',' between variables.
This way I can import variables in separate colums. Now I would like to
bequin new rows automaticly when importing. What is the right delimiter
instead of ',' to be inserted in the end of the row?

Thanks in advance

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)

CSV line feed delimitter

Concatenate the predefined VBA constant vbNewLine at the end of each line.

Rick