-   -   Problem running VBA 2000 code in Excel 2003 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/402786-problem-running-vba-2000-code-excel-2003-a.html)

Smurfette18

Problem running VBA 2000 code in Excel 2003

Hi,

I use Office 2003, and I am trying to run a set of procedures written
in Excel 2000. My understanding is that Excel 2003 should be able to
handle Excel 2000 code, but I am running into a lot of problems. For
instance, functions like "left" and "trim" do not work (for "left", I
get a compile error that says "Can't find project or library"). If I
write my own macro using "left" in a different workbook, it works
fine. Do I have to add additional references to the Excel 2000
workbook? Is there some sort of update I need to install? Any ideas?

Thanks!

John Bundy

Problem running VBA 2000 code in Excel 2003

I remember this happening to me but it has been a while. If i remember
correctly you need to make sure that you are running the latest service pack
and check your references to make sure none are shown as missing. not 100%
sure but something similar worked.
--
-John
is helpful.

"Smurfette18" wrote:

Hi,

I use Office 2003, and I am trying to run a set of procedures written
in Excel 2000. My understanding is that Excel 2003 should be able to
handle Excel 2000 code, but I am running into a lot of problems. For
instance, functions like "left" and "trim" do not work (for "left", I
get a compile error that says "Can't find project or library"). If I
write my own macro using "left" in a different workbook, it works
fine. Do I have to add additional references to the Excel 2000
workbook? Is there some sort of update I need to install? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Tim Zych

Problem running VBA 2000 code in Excel 2003

Check the VBE's Tools - References. MISSING references will have to be
unchecked or fixed depending on what they are.

--
Tim Zych
SF, CA

"Smurfette18" wrote in message

I use Office 2003, and I am trying to run a set of procedures written
in Excel 2000. My understanding is that Excel 2003 should be able to
handle Excel 2000 code, but I am running into a lot of problems. For
instance, functions like "left" and "trim" do not work (for "left", I
get a compile error that says "Can't find project or library"). If I
write my own macro using "left" in a different workbook, it works
fine. Do I have to add additional references to the Excel 2000
workbook? Is there some sort of update I need to install? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Smurfette18

Problem running VBA 2000 code in Excel 2003

Tim,

You were exactly right. I had a MISSING reference to Office Web
Componenets 9.0. When I fixed this, it worked fine. Thanks for your
help!

On Dec 14, 4:24 pm, "Tim Zych" <tzych@NOSp@mE@RTHLINKDOTNET wrote:
Check the VBE's Tools - References. MISSING references will have to be
unchecked or fixed depending on what they are.

--
Tim Zych
SF, CA

"Smurfette18" wrote in message

I use Office 2003, and I am trying to run a set of procedures written
in Excel 2000. My understanding is that Excel 2003 should be able to
handle Excel 2000 code, but I am running into a lot of problems. For
instance, functions like "left" and "trim" do not work (for "left", I
get a compile error that says "Can't find project or library"). If I
write my own macro using "left" in a different workbook, it works
fine. Do I have to add additional references to the Excel 2000
workbook? Is there some sort of update I need to install? Any ideas?

Thanks!- Hide quoted text -