-   -   JSP's form-submit & Excel's Web Query.... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/402500-jsps-form-submit-excels-web-query.html)

Kedar Agarkar

JSP's form-submit & Excel's Web Query....

Hi,

[SUMMARY]:

Environment: Microsoft Excel 2003 running on Windows XP, IE 7.0

I am a newcomer both in Excel programming and JSP space.

My puzzle is that what is the correct way, if any, to embed the web
query in Excel, so that the associate Javascript behaviour works
exactly as would be in IE.

[IN DETAIL]:

My web query gives a table on a page that has links, and if I click
the link browser would typically 'submit the form' [and would bring
next table]. Can I replicate this iteration via 'form submit'
behaviour in Excel embedded web query, by having javascript work the
way exactly it does within IE?

I tried searching on this topic in newsgruops, tries to see how
Javascript is working [taking Source from View Source option of IE],
tried to see if I could embed

Browser ActiveX and few other searches, and tried to see if there is
any way to intercept HTTP request sent by IE when first page form is
'submitted' - but answer seems away for me.

Any pointers shall be of much use.

Thanks for your time.

- KA