-   -   Finding row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/402471-finding-row.html)

treasuresflemar

Finding row

The following works as it is written, but I can not figure out how to get
check the value in the column to the left of the find.
something like

Set x = Offset(0,1). Range("sales" & CD).Find(CP)

But everything I have tried has returned an error.

Function Checkpost(CP As Date, CD As String)
Dim x

With Worksheets("sales " & CD)
Set x = Range("sales" & CD).Find(CP)
End With

If x Is Nothing Then
Checkpost = True
Else
Checkpost = False
End If
End Function

joel

Finding row

x.offset(0,-1) should work. Put this into the ELSE part of the if statement.

"treasuresflemar" wrote:

The following works as it is written, but I can not figure out how to get
check the value in the column to the left of the find.
something like

Set x = Offset(0,1). Range("sales" & CD).Find(CP)

But everything I have tried has returned an error.

Function Checkpost(CP As Date, CD As String)
Dim x

With Worksheets("sales " & CD)
Set x = Range("sales" & CD).Find(CP)
End With

If x Is Nothing Then
Checkpost = True
Else
Checkpost = False
End If
End Function

excelent

Finding row

Set x = Range("sales" & CD).Find(CP).offset(0,-1)

"treasuresflemar" skrev:

The following works as it is written, but I can not figure out how to get
check the value in the column to the left of the find.
something like

Set x = Offset(0,1). Range("sales" & CD).Find(CP)

But everything I have tried has returned an error.

Function Checkpost(CP As Date, CD As String)
Dim x

With Worksheets("sales " & CD)
Set x = Range("sales" & CD).Find(CP)
End With

If x Is Nothing Then
Checkpost = True
Else
Checkpost = False
End If
End Function

joel

Finding row

You also need to check if the cellis in column A,otherwise, you could get an
error.

"treasuresflemar" wrote:

The following works as it is written, but I can not figure out how to get
check the value in the column to the left of the find.
something like

Set x = Offset(0,1). Range("sales" & CD).Find(CP)

But everything I have tried has returned an error.

Function Checkpost(CP As Date, CD As String)
Dim x

With Worksheets("sales " & CD)
Set x = Range("sales" & CD).Find(CP)
End With

If x Is Nothing Then
Checkpost = True
Else
Checkpost = False
End If
End Function

treasuresflemar

Finding row

Sorry, I explained that all wrong.
CP will always be found in column "A"
There will always be only one occurrence of CP in the range.
It will always be found.
Need to see if the sum of columns "B" through "L" in the row CP is
found in 0
if so then checkpost = false
What I need x to do is return the row number and I can handle the rest, I
think.

Thanks Carl

Function Checkpost(CP As Date, CD As String)
'CP is the date that is being posted
'CD is the Year being posted which is part
'of the named range
'Checkpost returns True if no posting has been made
'to the posting date

Dim x

With Worksheets("sales " & CD)
'sets the sheet the data is on for the year invloved
Set x = Range("sales" & CD).Find(CP).Offset(0, 1)

Set x = Range("sales" & CD).Find(CP)
'selects the correct range
End With

If x Is Nothing Then