-   -   Specific Macros (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/402451-specific-macros.html)

Biochemist

Specific Macros

I would like to know how to write a specific macro that handles the following
format:
download a series of alpha and numbers, the alpha values are always second
in the location, example would be
Cell A1 = 10102007 truckstop $15.32 $4449.31
Cell A2 = 95102007 office stop store center $22.32 $3465.89
I would like to have the macro able to place dates into A column dates, B
column vendor name, C column the first $ value, and in the D column the last
$ value, and have this run for the complete spreadsheet.
Thanks in advance

Bob Phillips

Specific Macros

Turn the macro recorder on, do a DataText To Columns with a space
delimiter, this will give you the code.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Biochemist" wrote in message
I would like to know how to write a specific macro that handles the
following
format:
download a series of alpha and numbers, the alpha values are always second
in the location, example would be
Cell A1 = 10102007 truckstop $15.32 $4449.31
Cell A2 = 95102007 office stop store center $22.32 $3465.89
I would like to have the macro able to place dates into A column dates, B
column vendor name, C column the first $ value, and in the D column the
last
$ value, and have this run for the complete spreadsheet.
Thanks in advance

Biochemist

Specific Macros

I am sorry can you give me more information as I am new to using macro and
the recorder, thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

This might help more than anything I could offer
http://www.mrexcel.com/tip077.shtml

--
---

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Turn the macro recorder on, do a DataText To Columns with a space
delimiter, this will give you the code.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Biochemist" wrote in message
I would like to know how to write a specific macro that handles the
following
format:
download a series of alpha and numbers, the alpha values are always
second
in the location, example would be
Cell A1 = 10102007 truckstop $15.32 $4449.31
Cell A2 = 95102007 office stop store center $22.32 $3465.89
I would like to have the macro able to place dates into A column dates,
column vendor name, C column the first $ value, and in the D column the
last
$ value, and have this run for the complete spreadsheet.
Thanks in advance

joel

Specific Macros

Sub Gettext()

Const ForReading = 1, ForWriting = 2, ForAppending = 3
Const TxtDirectory = "C:\temp\"
Const ReadFileName = "test.txt"
Const TristateUseDefault = -2, TristateTrue = -1, TristateFalse = 0

Set fsread = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
ReadPathName = TxtDirectory + ReadFileName
Set fread = fsread.GetFile(ReadPathName)
Set tsread = fread.OpenAsTextStream(ForReading, TristateUseDefault)

RowCount = 1
Do While tsread.atendofstream = False

InputLine = Trim(tsread.Readline)

NewDate = Trim( _
Left(InputLine, InStr(InputLine, " ") - 1))
NewDate = Left(NewDate, 2) & "/" & Mid(NewDate, 3, 2) & _
"/" & Mid(NewDate, 5, 4)
NewDate = DateValue(NewDate)
InputLine = Trim( _
Mid(InputLine, InStr(InputLine, " ") + 1))
Vendor = Trim(Left(InputLine, InStr(InputLine, "$") - 1))
InputLine = Trim( _
Mid(InputLine, InStr(InputLine, "$") + 1))
Firstamount = Val(Trim( _
Left(InputLine, InStr(InputLine, "$") - 1)))
SecondAmount = Val(Trim( _
Mid(InputLine, InStr(InputLine, "$") + 1)))
Range("A" & RowCount) = NewDate
Range("B" & RowCount) = Vendor
Range("C" & RowCount) = Firstamount
Range("D" & RowCount) = SecondAmount

RowCount = RowCount + 1
Loop
tsread.Close

End Sub

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Sub Format_Report()

With Sheets("Sheet1")
.Copy after:=Sheets(Sheets.Count)
ActiveSheet.Name = "NewSheet"
End With
With Sheets("NewSheet")
RowCount = 1
Do While .Range("C" & RowCount) < ""
Data = .Range("C" & RowCount)
With Sheets("LookupSheet")
Set c = .Columns("D:D").Find(what:=Data, _
LookIn:=xlValues)
If Not c Is Nothing Then
Newdata = c.Offset(rowoffset:=0, columnoffset:=1)
Sheets("NewSheet").Range("C" & RowCount) = Newdata
End If
End With

RowCount = RowCount + 1
Loop