-   -   Excel macro SHortcut Keys Disappeared and Defaults re appeared (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/402302-excel-macro-shortcut-keys-disappeared-defaults-re-appeared.html)

Joe C[_2_]

Excel macro SHortcut Keys Disappeared and Defaults re appeared

I was using Ctl-P for months to assign protection to sheets in one file i am
developing. I deleted old subroutines from the modules and consolidated all
those macros into one file. All of a sudden the Ctl P does not work but
defaults to Print. The macro assign options box forces me now to Ctl-Shift-P
and acts like Ctl P is assigned, but it is not. Application.onkey works to
reassign.

Two questions
1- How do I get a macro to start and run on worksheet open to define the
keys this way so it just forces the new definitions. I assigned Ctl-z to
force these setups to run but I have employees that used the old sheets and I
cannot add a new step and have to retrain!
2- What happened to the originals? I prefer to FIX the problem than do a
work-around.