-   -   Prevent PivotTable Overwrite Warning and Disallow Overwrite (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/401757-prevent-pivottable-overwrite-warning-disallow-overwrite.html)

jonahviakeyboard

Prevent PivotTable Overwrite Warning and Disallow Overwrite

Hello -

I'm using Excel 2007 and am changing the contents of a PivotTable with
VBA. I would like to programmatically suppress the warning message
produced when a PivotTable changes size and would overwrite non-empty
cells below or to the right of the table and disallow the overwriting.
The message asks, "Do you want to replace the contents of the
destination cells in <<Worksheet Name?"

Using Application.DisplayAlerts = FALSE prevents the warning message,
but it allows the overwriting. What can I use, perhaps in addition, to
disallow the overwriting?

Thanks.

- Jonah