Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

Default Strange behaviour - very slow after filter

I have a sheet with some macro - all working fine.
BUT... As soon that I use (even once) the autofilter then all the macro
especially the ones that change things on the screen work very very slowly,
even when I remove the filter it stays like that, until I reopen the sheet.
Application.screenupdating = false/true did not solve the problem - just
postponed it.

Any idea?

Thanks
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

try putting the calculation on manual before executing the macro
With Application
..Calculation = xlManual
End With

then back on automatic
With Application
.Calculation = xlAutomatic
End With

--
caroline

"Dan" wrote:

I have a sheet with some macro - all working fine.
BUT... As soon that I use (even once) the autofilter then all the macro
especially the ones that change things on the screen work very very slowly,
even when I remove the filter it stays like that, until I reopen the sheet.
Application.screenupdating = false/true did not solve the problem - just
postponed it.

Any idea?

Thanks
Dan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dan dan is offline

Thanks, but it is still very slow. The only way around I could find so far is
to remove the filter.
Dan