-   -   Strange behaviour - very slow after filter (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/401577-strange-behaviour-very-slow-after-filter.html)

dan

Strange behaviour - very slow after filter

I have a sheet with some macro - all working fine.
BUT... As soon that I use (even once) the autofilter then all the macro
especially the ones that change things on the screen work very very slowly,
even when I remove the filter it stays like that, until I reopen the sheet.
Application.screenupdating = false/true did not solve the problem - just
postponed it.

Any idea?

Thanks
Dan

Caroline

Strange behaviour - very slow after filter

try putting the calculation on manual before executing the macro
With Application
..Calculation = xlManual
End With

then back on automatic
With Application
.Calculation = xlAutomatic
End With

--
caroline

"Dan" wrote:

I have a sheet with some macro - all working fine.
BUT... As soon that I use (even once) the autofilter then all the macro
especially the ones that change things on the screen work very very slowly,
even when I remove the filter it stays like that, until I reopen the sheet.
Application.screenupdating = false/true did not solve the problem - just
postponed it.

Any idea?

Thanks
Dan

dan

Strange behaviour - very slow after filter

Thanks, but it is still very slow. The only way around I could find so far is
to remove the filter.
Dan