-   -   german text in english xls (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/401218-german-text-english-xls.html)

[email protected]

german text in english xls

Hi,

Office XP. I have a vbcript-based asp page that generates an excel
spreadsheet. It works fine when it is inserting all english text, but
when I try and insert german instead I get this error:

"Cannot set the text property of the character class".

at the line:

oExcel.ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Characters.Text =
varContainingGermanText

How can I resolve this?

Thanks,

Chandy

Chandy

german text in english xls

Check and see whether your translated text is longer than 255
characters. Chart titles are limited to 255.