-   -   Spreadsheet does not recognize my VBA function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/401208-spreadsheet-does-not-recognize-my-vba-function.html)

RSunday

Spreadsheet does not recognize my VBA function

I have written a simple function (just for test) (opening VBA with alt-F11):

Public Function XX()
XX = 7.45
End Function

but when I use it in a cell - it just shows #NAME?

How do I make the function known to my sheet?

What could be wrong?

Gary''s Student

Spreadsheet does not recognize my VBA function

Your UDF works. May not be in a standard module:
User Defined Functions (UDFs) are very easy to install and use:

1. ALT-F11 brings up the VBE window
2. ALT-I
ALT-M opens a fresh module
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you save the workbook, the UDF will be saved with it.

To remove the UDF:

1. bring up the VBE window as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To use the UDF from Excel:

=XX()

To learn more about macros in general, see:

or

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Writin...ionsInVBA.aspx
for specifics on UDFs

--